Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Be sure to store this dressing in an airtight container.
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup 1% fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Whisk together oil and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Add buttermilk, cheese, basil, salt and garlic; mix thoroughly. Chill for several hours before servings in an airtight container.
Perfect-just the flavor I was looking for from Old Spaghetti Factory.
Although I was skeptical at first as I prefer pesto made with fresh basil this is really great. I have never tried this on a tossed salad but it is wonderful as a dressing for a pasta salad. Our favourite is tossed with tri-colour rotini and a handful of black olives (the olives really MAKE it). It is so easy and I don't have to worry about finding fresh basil (especially in winter). Thanks for an easy, great recipe.
Good tasting dressing. My family doesn't like pesto, so I didn't ask them to try it; however, I wandered in the kitchen last night and DH was helping himself to some over carrots. I actually have used it as a sandwich topping instead of mayo. THANKS KQ for sharing!