1/1 Photo of Creamy Pesto-Piccata Chicken With Tortellini
An easy, satisfying dish that makes a great week night supper or an elegant company dish. This is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken, or pick up a rotisserie chicken on the way home from work. Pair it with a green salad and some crusty bread and you have a simple yet heavenly meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced (I use boneless, skinless breasts or pick up a rotisserie)
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 1 cup refrigerated pesto sauce (or you can use homemade)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Cook your chicken if not already done. (I usually will sauté or poach a couple of large boneless, skinless chicken breasts.) Remove from pan and set aside. (Or you can use a purchased rotisserie chicken.).
- 2Cook tortellini according to package directions. While pasta is cooking:.
- 3Sauté sliced shallots over medium high heat until they start to brown, about 2-3 minutes. I just saute them with PAM cooking spray, but you can use whatever medium you prefer (oil, butter or even a little chicken broth). Add capers. Reduce heat to medium.
- 4Return chicken to pan and continue cooking.
- 5Add whipping cream and Dijon mustard; bring to a simmer and cook until it is slightly reduced; about 5 minutes. Add pesto sauce and mix well. Add lemon zest and juice. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer uncovered about 5-7 minutes more.
- 6Combine the chicken sauce with the tortellini. Gently toss to mix well. Add the freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- 7Serve with a tossed green salad and crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pesto-Piccata Chicken With Tortellini
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.2
- Calories from Fat 355
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 203.5 mg
- Sodium 1036.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 44.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: