Recipe by AddiesMommy21
Oh so yummy & oh so quick! I prefer to use Dreamfield's pasta, as it has very few digestable carbs and makes this dish even healthier! If you can't find Dreamfield's whole wheat pasta also works! I promise, you won't feel like this is a diet dish in the end!
- 12 ounces penne rigate
- canned mushroom slices (about a handful or so)
- knorr's creamy pesto sauce mix
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 4 -6 ounces salmon fillets
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- shaved parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Boil water & put on pasta.
- 2. Remove any skin from salmon. Salt and pepper & grill 4-6 minutes on each side. You'll know it's done when the salmon becomes flakey.
- 3. In a small sauce pan, mix pesto sauce mix with the oil and milk. Stir constantly and bring to a low boil. Turn heat down and continue to stir until all oil has been incorporated and the sauce begins to thicken.
- 4. Add mushrooms to sauce and allow them to cook a little while the pasta gets to al dente.
- 5. Drain pasta and seperate out into bowls evenly. Put both cheeses (the amount depends on how much you like -- I prefer one slice of provolone and a pinch of shaved parmesan).
- 6. Poor creamy pesto sauce with mushrooms over cheese and pasta.
- 7. Top with grilled salmon fillets. You can add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice if you'd like to, just go light!