1/3 Photos of Creamy Pesto Pasta Italiana
- Carla -'s Note:
This is a quick and easy weeknight pasta dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces whole wheat rigatoni
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (do not substitute)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1/3 cup water or 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook basil and garlic in hot oil about 1 minute.
- 3Reduce heat and add cream cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese; stir until smooth.
- 4Stir in white wine, parsley, and water (or vegetable broth, if using).
- 5Cook uncovered for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 6Add pasta and mix until well coated.
- 7Serve each dish garnished with fresh basil and additional freshly grated pamesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pesto Pasta Italiana
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.9
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 23.6 g