Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds extremely decadent... i.e. wonderful. It's from Sunset Magazine's website.
- 8 ounces dried rigatoni pasta
- 1 onion, chopped (about 6 ounces)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in about 3 quarts boiling water until just barely tender to bite, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan, combine onion, garlic, and butter. Stir often over medium-high heat until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add neufchâtel cheese and stir until melted, about 3 minutes. Stir broth and wine into pan and mix until blended. Add basil and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add pasta to sauce and stir until pasta is coated with sauce. If sauce gets too thick, stir in a little water to thin. Spoon onto plates. Add parmesan, salt, and pepper to taste.
best dish ever. so yummy. store bought pesto work great!