Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother used to make this when I was a child and I just found the recipe while cleaning out her house to move. Wonderful to bring to company pot-lucks.
- 8 ounces manicotti, noodles uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (2 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups reduced-fat spaghetti sauce, divided (1cup)
- Combine 1/4 cup of the Mozzarella cheese and the next 8 ingredients (Mozzarella - garlic) in a food processor, and process until creamy.
- Prepare Manicotti according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, wash and squeeze all the water out of the spinach. When pasta is cooked, drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells and lay in a 9x13 pan or a pan large enough to hold all of the stuffed manicotti.
- Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- *use shells or the long Manicotti strips.