My mother used to make this when I was a child and I just found the recipe while cleaning out her house to move. Wonderful to bring to company pot-lucks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces manicotti, noodles uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided (2 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups reduced-fat spaghetti sauce, divided (1cup)
- 1Combine 1/4 cup of the Mozzarella cheese and the next 8 ingredients (Mozzarella - garlic) in a food processor, and process until creamy.
- 2Prepare Manicotti according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, wash and squeeze all the water out of the spinach. When pasta is cooked, drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shells and lay in a 9x13 pan or a pan large enough to hold all of the stuffed manicotti.
- 4Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- 5*use shells or the long Manicotti strips.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pesto Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 427.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese
reduced-fat spaghetti sauce