1/1 Photo of Creamy Pesto Chicken and Linguine
Easy to make, this chicken is wonderfully tasty and rich. Not for those watching your fat intake, but hey... splurging every now and then isn't a bad idea. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spinach linguine or 1 lb regular linguine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole shallot, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in warm water (measurement before reconstituting)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup romano cheese or 1/4-1/2 cup extra parmesan cheese, grated,for garnish
- fresh ground black pepper, for garnish
- 1Cook linguini according to package directions.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3In a large skillet, melt 2 teaspoons of the butter together with the olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Brown the chicken breasts on both sides until nicely golden and juices run clear, about 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- 5Remove from pan and cut into 1/2-inch cubes; set aside.
- 6Pour out drippings from pan, but do not wipe it out.
- 7In the pan you cooked the chicken in, melt remaining butter over medium heat.
- 8Toss in the minced garlic, shallot, mushrooms, and reconstituted sundried tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes, then stir in half and half and season with pepper.
- 9Cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 10Stir the Parmesan into the creamy mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- 11Stir in the pesto, and cook for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- 12Stir in the chicken cubes and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 13Re-heat the linguini (either in boiling water or microwave) and serve chicken and sauce over the hot pasta.
- 14Garnish with grated Romano and freshly ground black pepper.
- 15Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pesto Chicken and Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1071.3
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.5 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 912.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 56.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: