Recipe by Ms Ladybug
Easy, quick weeknight dinner, full of creamy pesto flavor. I use a packet of Knoor Pesto mix rather than prepared pesto sauce, but have had it both ways. The packet makes slightly less pesto sauce, but is still quite tasty. This recipe came from a Taste of Home Cooking School.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (can use low fat)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions (I like mine al dente). Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chicken in butter until browned, stirring often.
- If you are using the packet pesto, prepare it on the stove at this time.
- Add soup, pesto and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the internal juices of chicken run clear. Stir in pasta and heat through.
- Sometimes I add toasted slivered almonds just before serving for a little added crunch.