Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is one of my first originals. It has quickly become my favorite and because it is nearly impossible to mess up, is a sure winner for company. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have.
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (I use a shredded mexican blend) or 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I use a shredded mexican blend)
- salt & pepper
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken in ungreased 13x9 pan (may use a larger pan or two pans to insure a single layer of chicken).
- Finely chop Basil & Garlic or place Basil leaves and peeled Garlic cloves in a food processor/blender/chopper and blend until finely chopped. You could also use a pre-made pesto instead.
- Add Pesto to Mayo along with the Cheese, Salt & Pepper and mix.
- Cover the Chicken with the Pesto sauce and bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minute.
This was a very nice way to serve chicken and as you say very easy you can't mess up. I also used a mexican blend of cheddar, as I had parmesan in my pesto which I had leftover's from another dish. I will make it again. The leftover paste that I had (as I only used half the chicken) I spead on toast and grilled it with a bit of tomato on top for supper it was great. Made for PAC Fall 09
I made this for supper last night,& it was very good, I made spaghetti pesto along with it. my boys liked it to. i will be putting this on my next grocery list.