Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pepper, tomato and spinach flavored with peanuts! This is an African dish!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb fresh Baby Spinach, washed, stems removed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, warmed in microwave oven
- 2 tablespoons nuts, toasted and chopped
- Cook and stir onion and pepper in oil till onion is tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato and spinach. Cover and simmer until spinach is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pepper flakes, pepper and peanut butter. Heat just until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with nuts.
A good side dish for us tonight. For a lot of people in Africa this would have been their main dish. Thanks for an unusual experience in cooking. Made for ZWT7.
Delicious! This was so easy and had great flavor. I followed the recipe exactly. Thanks for another fantastic recipe. :)
Very tasty. This is quick, simple and healthy. I used less oil and more garlic but otherwise kept to the recipe. I served it over a mix of barley and brown rice. Thanks for posting.