Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This is a very peppery dressing with a kick! The better the Parmesan used here, the better your dressing will be! You can also substitute Romano cheese. This recipe, which makes about a cup, is courtesy of Teresa Burns' "VERY Salad Dressing" (I know, weird, huh?). You can use full-fat mayo and milk, but I'm trying to lighten things up these days, so I've indicated/defaulted to low-fat.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar, adding salt to taste. Stir or shake well to combine.
- Cover and chill the dressing until you are ready to use it.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before mixing again and serving.
- Dressing will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.