Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious way to serve pasta. The anchovies give the sauce a fantastic edge.
- 1 lb penne
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in vegetable oil, drained
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion is very tender and starting to brown, about 8 minutes or so. Add half-and-half and anchovies, then raise heat to high and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over pasta. Add tuna, parsley, capers, and reserved pasta water, then toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.