1/2 Photos of Creamy Penne With Prosciutto, Pimiento and Peas
My mother, who was an avid cook, had a stroke 10 years ago and can no longer practice her favorite pasttime. However, she still collects recipes. I go over to her house and cook under her direction. She likes to tweak recipes she has read or seen on TV until she gets them to her liking, and then we write them down. This is one of them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring cream, 1-1/2 cups cheese, pepper and salt just to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain. Return pasta to pot, stir in prosciutto, peas, pimiento and cream sauce, mixing well and making sure pasta is well-coated. Transfer to a 2-quart shallow baking dish and bake 15 minutes.
- 5Stir pasta well to redistribute sauce, then sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese (about 2 T.). Turn on broiler and broiler about 2-4 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Penne With Prosciutto, Pimiento and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.7
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 37.6 g
- Cholesterol 216.4 mg
- Sodium 1226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: