Recipe by Lainey6605
This makes a great side dish to any meal.
Top Review by Chef ElizaDuck
I made this recipe exactly as it was printed (why fiddle with a good thing?). I didn't have to alter the portions either. I do feel a little guily though I took full credit for the recipe when my husband was raving about what a good cook I am! Sorry. It was delicious. Thanks.
- 1 cup penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended.
- Gradually add the half and half, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese and sour cream.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.