Recipe by KPD
What doesn't taste awesome with cream cheese? You'll love this creamy, comforting side dish! Don't worry if you don't have any lemon zest on hand, and I add a bit more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for Bargain Basement Tag game 2011 and it went over very well. I did cut the serving size down but otherwise followed the instructions...the cream cheese made the dish into a little cream sauced peas and of course the prosciutto...yum. Thank you for posting.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 6 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter with salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium high heat until soft.
- Add the peas and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the prosciutto, cream cheese and lemon zest, stirring until thoroughly incorporated and the cheese is melted.