Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
What doesn't taste awesome with cream cheese? You'll love this creamy, comforting side dish! Don't worry if you don't have any lemon zest on hand, and I add a bit more salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 6 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Saute onions in butter with salt and pepper in a saucepan over medium high heat until soft.
- Add the peas and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the prosciutto, cream cheese and lemon zest, stirring until thoroughly incorporated and the cheese is melted.
Made this for Bargain Basement Tag game 2011 and it went over very well. I did cut the serving size down but otherwise followed the instructions...the cream cheese made the dish into a little cream sauced peas and of course the prosciutto...yum. Thank you for posting.