Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used the creamy base from Potato soup Potato Soup and halved it, then mixed some frozen peas and cooked rotini pasta and....voila! I got this. It would be delicious with any of the fabulous bread recipes here. This can also be served as a main course or a side dish.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cooked and drained frozen peas
- 6 cups cooked and drained rotini pasta (any kind is fine really... besides spaghetti noodles)
- In saucepan combine water, chicken bouillon, celery, carrot, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, dill weed and butter.
- Cover and simmer until veggies are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add 1-½ cups of milk and heat until hot.
- Blend flour with ¼ cup milk stirring till smooth, then stir into saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in peas and pasta.
- NOTE: If all veggies are chopped ahead of time and peas and noodles are cooked and drained, then preparation time is accurate.
Nice, mellow flavor! We did add a bit of garlic & onion salt for our tastes, but otherwise prepared as directed. We served with soup for a nice lunch!