Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a favorite with my family any time of the season, especially in the summer when peas are plentiful from my garden. Although the recipe states to use frozen peas, you can use fresh peas also. This is an excellent recipe, you will love this! Since I am a garlic lover, I throw in a pinch of garlic powder just add a bit of flavor!
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- pepper (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter (no subs please)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the peas, water, and salt; bring to a boil.
- When water starts to boil, add in butter (do not drain water).
- In a small bowl, mix/whisk together flour, whipping cream, sugar, black pepper (if using) and a pinch of garlic powder (if using).
- Stir the flour mixture into the peas and water.
- Stir and cook over medium-low heat until thick and bubbly (about 5-6 minutes).
- Adjusting salt and pepper to taste.