Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a deliciously different soup...has a bit of a Tia flare
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- coarsely chopped peanuts (to garnish)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, red pepper flakes and garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle flour over mixture.
- Stirring constantly, cook one minutes until well blended.
- Whisking constantly, add chicken broth, peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; whisking frequently, simmer about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve hot.
I too am a big peanut butter lover like Seasoned Cook, however we apparently don't care for peanut butter soup. (probably no fault of the recipe). Made for Potluck tag 2010.
I LOVED this soup!! The bits of onion and celery gave it much flavor! Very hearty and filling! I'm a big peanut butter lover and this really satisfied me. Prepared as a participant in the April 2009 Aus/NZ Swap #27.