Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert can be stored in the fridge or it may be frozen.
- 1 (510 g) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (NOT MELTED) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened slightly (NOT MELTED)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar (icing)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip is good)
- 1 (135 g) package instant vanilla pudding, 6 serving size
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- grated milk chocolate (to garnish)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (bottom only) of a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- For the bottom: Combine all crust ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (DON'T overbake, as it will become hard).
- Cool completely.
- For filling: In a medium bowl, combine the 1-1/2 cups peanut butter with the 1 cup of powdered sugar on low speed, until crumbly; set aside (these ingredients may be cut in half to 3/4 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup icing sugar, but I prefer to double the recipe) In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until smooth; add in the milk, thawed whipped topping and the pudding mix; beat for 2 minutes on low speed with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Pour half of the mixture over the cooled chocolate base in the pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the peanut butter mixture.
- Repeat with filling and peanut butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts, and the grated chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving, or freeze.