1/6 Photos of Creamy Peanut Chicken
I was given this by one of our company's interstate sales managers, and I think it's great! Much lower in calories than other peanut chickens I've seen, and the spiciness of the curry paste perfectly balances out the sweetness of the peanut butter. Mild enough for kids to enjoy, plenty of flavour for the adults! Hope you try this and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek or 1 teaspoon other chili sauce
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into small cubes or strips)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve (optional)
- 1Heat oil in wok.
- 2Add curry paste and sambal oelek and fry for one minute.
- 3Add chicken and stir fry for around 4 minutes, or til golden.
- 4Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil and let simmer for around 8-10 minutes til sauce thickens slightly.
- 5Serve on a bed of rice with lemon wedges and roti bread.
- 6(You can add veggies such as green beans to the recipe, just throw in at step 4 and let simmer).
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Peanut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 483.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
light coconut milk