Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this as "Chinese Peanut Chicken" - the cream makes this an inauthentic Chinese dish, but it tastes great. The sauce is very rich, but very simple to make - it's hard to go wrong with this. Time does not include marinating.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- roasted peanuts
- green onion (chopped)
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and pineapple juice.
- Dredge chicken in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce mixture for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Stir fry chicken in wok and remove from pan.
- Combine butter and flour and cook in wok until bubbly.
- Add stock and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add cream and peanut butter; stir until peanut butter melts.
- Top chicken with peanut sauce and garnish with peanuts and onions.
I tried this recipe for our poker night, I think the butter and flour were suppose to be like a rhu(?) however the ratio for a rhu is 1:1 and the 1tbsp of butter is not enough liquid to soak up 1 cup of flour on its own. It was more of a paste than a sauce. I did like the flavor and will try it again with my own adjustments to the recipe.
I cannot wait to try this! I will come back and leave a rating afterward. Our local Chinese restaurant makes the BEST peanut chicken -but it's fried and in a thick creamy sauce like this one, rather than stir fried and in a light sauce. I haven't been able to find a recipe close to it until now. Can't wait to see how it compares. This looks great.