Recipe by Little Italy
If you love peanut butter, and are willing to try anything, I think you'll like this. I didn't like oatmeal, and I needed to find a way to start eating it. So I decided to be daring one morning, and I'm so glad I was! I love oatmeal now! I have this for breakfast EVERY day! It is perfect with a cup of coffee, and an awesome bed-time snack. Mmmmm! For me it's just oh so good! 30 cal-jam 70 cal-peanut butter 113 cal- oatmeal
Top Review by Lalaloula
Oh yum, yum, yum, this oatmeal is so tasty! I loved the flavour combination and the ease of prep in the microwave. I had never made my oatmeal in the microwave before, but it worked so well, Ill make it again this way, for sure. I had old-fashioned oats, so the cook time was a little longer.
3 ts jam was too much for my taste, I think next time Ill just use 2.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Little Italy.
Made and reviewed for Think Pink October 2012.
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (Adams) or 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (Adams)
- 3 teaspoons raspberry jam (Smuckers)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave oatmeal and water on high for 1 minute and 20 seconds or until the oatmeal just starts to "bubble.".
- Add peanut butter and jam randomly on top of oatmeal; microwave again for 20-30 seconds, or until the peanut butter melts.
- Stir and enjoy.