Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother in law always sends us various flavors of fudge for Christmas. The package can get prety expensive so she gave me the recipes so I could make them myself.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter or 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Boil sugar and milk in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally, to soft ball stage*, or about 236* on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour candy into a greased 8x8 inch pan and chill. Cut peanut butter fudge into squares when cool and firm.
- *To Test for Soft Ball Stage.
- A small amount of syrup dropped into chilled water forms a ball, but is soft enough to flatten when picked up with fingers (234* to 240*).
Came out perfectly. I doubled the recipe and put it into a 9 x 13 pan. It has a fluffy texture, and light PB taste. I will definately make this again.