Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my favorite oatmeal yet! I use smucker's natural peanut butter for this...you can use creamy or chunky. I don't need any honey or brown sugar in this, but I also don't have that much of a sweet tooth.:)
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional) or 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- For best results, soak the oats overnight in 1/4 cup warm water. This will make them easier to digest and therefore easier to get the nutrients out of. The cook time does not include this time.
- Combine everything in a pan on stovetop over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. If using honey, do not add that until the very end.
- Eat this for a quick but very comforting and balanced breakfast!:).
Made this for my son for breakfast. He liked it but thought it needed some sugar. So I added the optional brown sugar but used splenda brown sugar blend. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
This made for a lovely filling brekky. The creaminess from the Evaporated milk was great and I love that it's packed with protein from the PB, I left out the salt and used Splenda to sweeten. Thanks for posting!