Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a hand written 1941 book. Uses canned peaches. It's a pretty nice pie.
- 2⁄3 cup pet canned evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned peaches
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons knox unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup peach juice
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Chill canned milk till ice cold.
- Mix together cracker crumbs and butter.
- Line pie plate; chill.
- Drain peaches, saving juice.
- Save a couple of peaches for garnish.
- Chop the rest of them into small pieces.
- Warm up peach juice in microwave.
- Dissolve gelatin.
- Add this to cream cheese and sugar.
- Mix until smooth.
- Beat ice cold milk until stiff.
- Beat in cheese mixture 1/4 at a time.
- When smooth, add cut up peaches.
- Pour into chilled crust.
- Garnish with peaches and maraschino cherries.