Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my family's favorite pies!
Make and share this Creamy Peach Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells (see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust or use you own)
- 3 cups peaches, peeled and sliced (use firm but ripe peaches for this)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (for a sweeter taste use a couple of tablespoons more)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sour cream (use only full-fat sour cream)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, for topping
- Place the unbaked pastry in a 9-inch glass pie plate; flute the edges as desired.
- Arrange the sliced peaches in the bottom of the pastry.
- In a medium bowl combine 1/2 cup white sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and sour cream; whisk until smooth, then pour over the sliced peaches.
- Set oven to 425 degrees (lowest oven rack).
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 35 minutes longer or until filling is set.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the hot filling and place under the broiler until melted.
- Cool slightly before serving.
Oh, Kittencal, this is fantastic!!! My husband doesn't even like peaches, but he gobbled this up! I used a canola oil-based crust simply because I am running low on butter. I did have to sub one (drained) 29oz can of sliced peaches for the fresh, and also used about 5 Tbs flour, but other than that, I followed the recipe. Next time, I think I will try using 1 tsp. of Baking Spice Blend Mix in place of the cinnamon. I also accidentally left the pie under the broiler for too long, but I'll just watch it more closely next time, because I KNOW that I will make this again! Edit: I should mention that if you use canned fruit, it runs a tad sweeter, so adjust the sugar accordingly :)