Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I think this recipe was from Mr Food on TV. It's a delicious treat that you will long for in the summer! For best results, chill for at least an hour before serving! (Cook time = chill time)
- 1 quart good-quality vanilla ice cream (We love Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla)
- 3 cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Place peaches in a cold saucepan with sugar and salt. Turn heat on to low and gently saute mixture, stirring occasionally, until peaches are soft and juicy. Chill softened peaches in refrigerator.
- Allow ice cream to soften slightly at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix softened ice cream and peaches. Spoon mixture into parfait glasses and refreeze for a few minutes, or serve as is.
A lovely way to serve peaches! I actually used frozen peaches and it worked well. Easy and yummy! Thanks KC! I made this awhile ago, posted a pic, but forgot to review.