Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Absolutely delicious! This will become your favorite dessert.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained (reserve the juice, can use more peaches if desired)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (can use more if desired)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an an 8x8-inch baking dish, or a dish large enough to hold the mixture.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and pudding mix.
- Add in butter, egg and half and half cream; beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in 1/3 cup sugar (or more for a sweeter taste), and 3 tablespoons of the reserved peach juice; beat for 3 minutes.
- Spoon/dollop the mixture over the peaches (to within 1 inch of pan baking dish edge).
- Mix together 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon (to taste, can use more or less than 3/4 teaspoon).
- Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Chill before serving.
I was very excited to try this recipe for dessert tonight but then I found out we had no peaches. I still wanted to try this so I substituted pineapple slices for the peach slices. It came out GREAT!! It was so creamy and the sugar carmelized on top giving it a little crunch. I can not wait to try it with peaches. Thanks for such an awesome and easy recipe.