Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I found this recipe in Taste of Home magazine. It includes two of my favorite flavors - peach and cream cheese to make a wonderful coffee cake, even good enough for dessert.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add the sour cream, baking powder, baking soda, egg and almond extract; beat until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Spoon into prepared crust. Top with preserves. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with almonds.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool for 1 1/2 hours before slicing. Store in the refrigerator.