Recipe by LainieBug
Creamy Pea & Potato Salad
Top Review by annroberts54
I did a search for something to use my fresh peas and new potatoes out of the garden. This came up first and I gave it a try. I did sub dill for the tarragon because I do have a dearth of it growing in the herb garden. I also added a few chopped hard boiled eggs cause my chickens are laying like crazy right now. But honestly, I think that this dressing is what makes it 5 stars. I would never had thought to use the dijon and apple cider vinegar. So this will now be my go-to potato salad. Thanks bunches
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring potatoes in salted water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer till tender (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- Two minutes before potatoes are done, add peas.
- Drain off water; cool to room temperature.
- Cut potatoes in wedges.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, tarragon and salt.
- Stir in potatoes, peas and chopped onion until coated.
- Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.