Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Creamy Pea & Potato Salad
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- Bring potatoes in salted water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer till tender (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- Two minutes before potatoes are done, add peas.
- Drain off water; cool to room temperature.
- Cut potatoes in wedges.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, tarragon and salt.
- Stir in potatoes, peas and chopped onion until coated.
- Chill for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
I did a search for something to use my fresh peas and new potatoes out of the garden. This came up first and I gave it a try. I did sub dill for the tarragon because I do have a dearth of it growing in the herb garden. I also added a few chopped hard boiled eggs cause my chickens are laying like crazy right now. But honestly, I think that this dressing is what makes it 5 stars. I would never had thought to use the dijon and apple cider vinegar. So this will now be my go-to potato salad. Thanks bunches
Terrific potato salad! I liked that the dressing was not at all sweet, and the tarragon added the perfect hint of flavor. Left out the onions, otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012
This was really good... I did have to use Russet potatoes, and I accidentally steamed them way too long cause I got distracted, so this was soft and squishy creamy pea & potato salad! Still very tasty and I'll definitely make this again when we're grillin'. The Dijon gives just the right amount of zing to this dish, and the peas keep it mellowed out and fresh tasting. I did use from scratch mayo, and I had to sub onion powder for red, since I had no fresh in the house. I'll try it again with the fresh onion. Thanks for sharing.