Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I decided to be creative and just throw a bunch of things together. This pasta dish turned out to be very delicious! I love the smell of basil, and the smell of this dish cooking made my mouth water.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 cup sliced sun-dried tomato
- 1 (1 lb) box angel hair pasta
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Then stir in flour, salt, pepper until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat mommentarily and stir in chicken broth, milk, garlic, and basil.
- Return to stovetop and bring it to a boil; boil for one minute.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Place uncooked chicken in a large glass baking pan. Pour the sauce overtop.
- Drop in sun-dried tomatoes. [If you want to make your own, try recipe #70005, posted by kathy228. They are absolutely delicious.].
- Cover the dish and place in the oven for one hour.
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- Serve topped with the sauce.
This was so delicious! After I baked the dish with the suggested 1 lb of chicken (about three breasts), I found I had a LOT of the yummy sauce left (in a 13x9 pan), so I flopped another 3 chicken breasts in there and baked it again so I could have left overs for lunch...just as tasty the second time around. I usually try to cook exceptionally healthy, but this recipe is worth bending your diet a bit. The boyfriend raves, "This is definitely the best one so far."