Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This creamy, satisfying pasta dish is real comfort food. I do not recommend it for the dieting crowd!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use inexpensive extra virgin olive oil from Spain)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and pepper flakes. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently (about 7 minutes).
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally (about 7 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly (about 4 minutes).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Stir pasta occassionally while cooking, to prevent sticking. Drain when pasta is done.
- Mix pasta and sausage-cream mixture in a large serving bowl. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with minced parsley.