Recipe by anneygirl
This is a quick dinner I made one night with what I had in the freezer and fridge regularly. We really enjoyed it. We didn't have any meat, but I will probably make it again with fish or chicken. This could be a gluten free meal by substituting gluten free pasta. I used corn spaghetti. It could also be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable stock.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Very nice dish. I had spinach/mushrooms which needed using, so this was perfect. I did however, and I hope you will forgive me, omit the peas as I also needed to use up some Italian sausage, so added that instead. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly. :)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water onto boil for pasta. Salt water and cook according to package.
- Add spinach and peas to past for last four minutes of cooking time.
- Finely chop onion and mushrooms. Put garlic through a garlic press. Slice mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil and margarine in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute until the onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Whisk in flour. Cook for another minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock until well blended. Then add half and half.
- Simmer until thickened. Whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, spinach, and peas and toss with sauce.