This is a quick dinner I made one night with what I had in the freezer and fridge regularly. We really enjoyed it. We didn't have any meat, but I will probably make it again with fish or chicken. This could be a gluten free meal by substituting gluten free pasta. I used corn spaghetti. It could also be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable stock.
- Put water onto boil for pasta. Salt water and cook according to package.
- Add spinach and peas to past for last four minutes of cooking time.
- Finely chop onion and mushrooms. Put garlic through a garlic press. Slice mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil and margarine in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute until the onions and mushrooms are soft.
- Whisk in flour. Cook for another minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock until well blended. Then add half and half.
- Simmer until thickened. Whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta, spinach, and peas and toss with sauce.