Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my ex-husbands cousin Paula. I always liked her the most :) This is a really yummy dish. The ingredients may sound a little different but they blend so great.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken breasts
- Combine cream, butter, salt, nutmeg and cayenne in a saucepan and simmer 15 minutes, or until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened.
- While the sauce is reducing, get the water ready for the pasta and cook as directed.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese and herbs to the cream mixture and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken to the cream mixture.
- Serve pasta topped with the creamy herb and chicken mixture.
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread. Don't forget the wine :).
This was absolutely delicious Queenie...we enjoyed this so much. The sauce was light, creamy and velvety, infused with all those wonderful fresh herbs. I like the blend of nutmeg and cayenne, a nice bite. The chicken and angel hair pasta finished the dish perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing a new family favorite...we will be having this again often.
I absolutely loved this recipe!! I have a herb garden on my apt. deck and it was a great way to utilize all my fragrant herbs. I loved it. The boyfriend loved it and even his 8 year old daughter thought it was good!! I'll be making this again.
Excellant. I used jarred basil but the other ingredients were fresh. I admit I had my doubts about adding the nutmeg but it turned out great. A bit on the rich side and YUMMY.