Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have to admit whenever I first saw this I was skeptical...but after one bite, I was hooked. It has a flavor that I didn't expect, especially after hearing the ingredients. I don't know where it originally came from as I got this recipe from my mom. Unsure of serving amount...makes quite a bit though.
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream (NOT whipped cream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Fry bacon, drain off grease, and crumble into small pieces.
- Saute mushrooms, garlic, and green onions in bacon grease.
- Add pasta, parmesan, bacon pieces, whipping cream, and black pepper to sauted mushroom mixture.
- Simmer until slightly thickened.
I've been making this recipe for over 5 years now, and I'm shocked I'm just now reviewing it. It might not be the healthiest recipe, but it is delicious! I have made this on multiple occasions for an array of different people, and everyone has always loved it! It is definitely a staple recipe of mine, and when I'm wanting a comfort meal, I make this!
I loved this creamy goodness!!! The kids even enjoyed it!!! Thumbs up from my house!!
We really enjoyed this dish! I used didn't have cream so I used 1/2 1/2 (and thickened with a tiny bit of corn starch) and added green peas! Fantastic and easy week night dish. Thank you for sharing!!