Another delicious meal from Cooks Country. Warm and inviting, simple to make and tastes delicious at dinner or forlunch. Simple to make and ingredients are readily available. Times overlap- made in under 30 min
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 113.39 g thin sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g pasta or 453.59 g penne or 453.59 g fusilli, any with texture
- 453.59 g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 in pieces
- 354.88 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 177.44 ml chopped fresh basil
- Bring 4 qts water to boil in largepot.(in the meantime) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med heat until just smoking. Cook prosciutto until lightly browned and crisp, (5 min) Transfer to paper towel lined plate to reduce fat. Add garlic to pan and cook 30 sec. Stir in cream and lemon juice and simmer until thickened, 3-5 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and pasta to boiling water until just eginning to soften, 8 minute Add asparagus to pot and cook until tender and pasta become al dente (4 min).
- Reserve 1 c cooking water and drain pasta and asparagus, return to pot.
- Add sauce, 1/2 c reserved water, cheese, and basil to pot, toss to combine, add remaining water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with crunchy prosciutto.
- Serve. Delicious with crusty warm bread.