Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Another delicious meal from Cooks Country. Warm and inviting, simple to make and tastes delicious at dinner or forlunch. Simple to make and ingredients are readily available. Times overlap- made in under 30 min
Top Review by K9 Owned
I really thought I had reviewed it before as I have made it for the 4th time tonight. It is a wonderful dish, quick and easy enough for a family dinner yet the finished result would please almost any guest. I confess I reduce the pasta almost in half (for 2 of us) and keep the sauce the same as posted. :) There is enough prosciutto for carniverous DH to really enjoy it too! I do add more salt to the pasta water and put the asparagus in only for the last 2 - 3 minutes as we like our asparagus with some 'tooth' to it.
Having made this 4 times in the last 8 weeks you can see I think it is a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing this gem.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces thin sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb penne or 1 lb fusilli, any with texture
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 qts water to boil in largepot.(in the meantime) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med heat until just smoking. Cook prosciutto until lightly browned and crisp, (5 min) Transfer to paper towel lined plate to reduce fat. Add garlic to pan and cook 30 sec. Stir in cream and lemon juice and simmer until thickened, 3-5 minute.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and pasta to boiling water until just eginning to soften, 8 minute Add asparagus to pot and cook until tender and pasta become al dente (4 min).
- Reserve 1 c cooking water and drain pasta and asparagus, return to pot.
- Add sauce, 1/2 c reserved water, cheese, and basil to pot, toss to combine, add remaining water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with crunchy prosciutto.
- Serve. Delicious with crusty warm bread.