1/5 Photos of Creamy Pasta With Asparagus, Parmesan, and Crispy Prosciutto
Another delicious meal from Cooks Country. Warm and inviting, simple to make and tastes delicious at dinner or forlunch. Simple to make and ingredients are readily available. Times overlap- made in under 30 min
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces thin sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/4 in slices
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta or 1 lb penne or 1 lb fusilli, any with texture
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1Bring 4 qts water to boil in largepot.(in the meantime) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med heat until just smoking. Cook prosciutto until lightly browned and crisp, (5 min) Transfer to paper towel lined plate to reduce fat. Add garlic to pan and cook 30 sec. Stir in cream and lemon juice and simmer until thickened, 3-5 minute.
- 2Add 1 tbsp salt and pasta to boiling water until just eginning to soften, 8 minute Add asparagus to pot and cook until tender and pasta become al dente (4 min).
- 3Reserve 1 c cooking water and drain pasta and asparagus, return to pot.
- 4Add sauce, 1/2 c reserved water, cheese, and basil to pot, toss to combine, add remaining water as needed.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Sprinkle with crunchy prosciutto.
- 7Serve. Delicious with crusty warm bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pasta With Asparagus, Parmesan, and Crispy Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.3
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 619.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: