1/1 Photo of Creamy Pasta & Tomato With Italian Sausage
I just made the one of the best creamy macaroni and tomato dish I’ve ever had! I got tired of the same old stuff and started experimenting…It’s quick, pretty cheap, easy to make and very versatile. Try it with sweet, spicy or mild Italian sausage or even ground beef, turkey or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, browned and drained
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, low sodium if possible
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can v8 juice, Spicy Hot
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, Creamy
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, Diced with Garlic, Basil, Oregano
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Italian cheese, grated (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- 1Brown meat in skillet, drain and set aside.
- 2In a large sauce pan, mix chicken broth and water; bring to a boil.
- 3Add 2 Tablespoons of margarine, macaroni and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until pasta is firm but not hard (Al Dente).
- 4Drain pasta and set aside.
- 5In large sauce pan melt 2 Tablespoons of margarine; add evaporated milk and cheese package and mix well; add V8, dice tomatoes, tomato soup and spices mix well.
- 6Add macaroni and meat to sauce mixture and cook for 5 minutes, sauce will slightly thicken.
- 7Top with additional cheese if you like and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Pasta & Tomato With Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 1899.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: