Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just made the one of the best creamy macaroni and tomato dish I’ve ever had! I got tired of the same old stuff and started experimenting…It’s quick, pretty cheap, easy to make and very versatile. Try it with sweet, spicy or mild Italian sausage or even ground beef, turkey or chicken.
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, browned and drained
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, low sodium if possible
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) canv8 juice, Spicy Hot
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, Creamy
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, Diced with Garlic, Basil, Oregano
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese, grated (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- Brown meat in skillet, drain and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, mix chicken broth and water; bring to a boil.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of margarine, macaroni and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until pasta is firm but not hard (Al Dente).
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- In large sauce pan melt 2 Tablespoons of margarine; add evaporated milk and cheese package and mix well; add V8, dice tomatoes, tomato soup and spices mix well.
- Add macaroni and meat to sauce mixture and cook for 5 minutes, sauce will slightly thicken.
- Top with additional cheese if you like and serve hot.
This was sooo good, especially with the cold wintry weather we are having! I had to use local equivalent products, but other than that I made as recipe, and I did add some sliced mushrooms and zuccinins and let them cook in the sauce. Before I srved I put it into a casserole dish and let it bake for another 15 minutes or so, and then served with crusty olive and herb ciabatta, wow, fabulous dinner, thank you kcdelong! made for PRMR tag game