Recipe by JackieOhNo!
A modification of a recipe I read about 5 years ago. It's a nice change of pace, fast, and tasty!
- 1 lb jumbo pasta shells
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced san marzano tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1⁄2 cup snipped chives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente; drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 6 minutes. Add the cream and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the reserved pasta, the tomatoes and beans and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Toss with the 1/2 cup parmesan and chives, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Pass more parmesan at the table.