Recipe by Sackville
Thanks to Bert for the inspiration for this recipe, which is very easy to make if you need a quick meal. You can add any veggies you like to this dish.
Top Review by Sherrie-pie
I made this tonight and it was really good. Popped in odd bits and pieces from the fridge - 2 rashers of bacon with the onion and tomatoes. Used canned tomatoes, too. Everyone loved it. Thanks Sackville!
- 150 g pasta (penne works well)
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and throw in the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a small sauce pan and put in the white part of the spring onion.
- Fry for about 30 seconds and then add the tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 10 minutes, adding a spoonful of water if the tomatoes get too dry, until you have a sauce.
- While the tomatoes are simmering, you can lightly fry your veggies in the other tbsp of oil.
- When the tomatoes have cooked down, add the ricotta, milk and hot sauce.
- Blend with a hand blender to make the sauce smooth.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Top with the veggies, green part of the spring onion and parmesan cheese if desired.
- Salt and pepper to taste.