Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Souper-Easy Meals! Woman's World 5/9/00. No time to chop and stir? Don't wait to order the perfect primavera at a restaurant! Make this mouthwatering version at home in 20 minutes flat with pre-cut frozen veggies and cream of chicken soup for a flavor so authentic, no one will guess your secret!
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen sugar snap stir-fry mixed vegetables, such as Bird's Eye
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 (10 2/3 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding vegetables during last 3 minutes of cooking time; drain and set aside.
- In medium pot melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, marjoram, salt and pepper; cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine; cook 1 minutes. Stir in soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in zest.
- In large bowl combine soup mixture with reserved pasta mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.