Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this online awhile back and made some minor variations. It tastes similar to an alfredo sauce but not quite. The garlic marinated mushrooms add a sweet flavor to the sauce.
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 250 g feta
- 300 g sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 15 garlic marinated mushrooms (halved or quartered depending on size)
- 1 (16 ounce) box fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Saute garlic in oil.
- Add bacon and mushrooms, continue cooking until bacon is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and crumble bacon once cool.
- Over low heat, add milk and corn flour to pot and stir until it forms a paste.
- Slowly melt the feta and cheddar into the paste.
- Once all cheese is creamy, remove from heat.
- Mix in crumbled bacon and mushrooms.
- Mix sour cream into the sauce.
- Combine sauce with pasta.