Recipe by blucoat
This is an easy recipe from "Cook's Illustrated Magazine". I love America's Test Kitchen recipes as they always work!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 medium shallots, chopped
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled, cut into 2 1/2-inch lengths, and halved (or quartered and cored, if necessary)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk (to taste)
- table salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in medium skillet. Add shallots; sauté until softened, about 2 minutes. Add parsnips, toss to coat with butter. Add broth; bring to boil. Simmer, partially covered, until parsnips are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to food processor fitted with steel blade or to a food mill and puree. Return puree to skillet and reheat, stirring in milk, until warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.