Recipe by Lainey6605
Pasta with lemon cream and pesto! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by I_Can_Only_Bake
I made this from Rachael Ray's "Big Orange Book" last night. This was so delicious! It resembled a creamy pesto alfredo sauce. The subtle hint of lemon was wonderful. After the "pesto" was made, I added it into the saucepan with the heavy cream mixture. (Next time, I made add another clove of garlic.) I also sprinkled the finished pasta with chopped pistachios. The one thing I noticed with this dish is that it needs a lot of salt to fully bring all the flavors out. I'm not sure whether the leftovers will hold well (like other "alfredo" sauces) because they dried up a little when I put the leftovers in the fridge. Despite that, this is a great recipe. I look forward to this making this recipe again and for others!!
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- lemon, grated peel
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup packed flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shelled natural pistachio nut, lightly toasted
- 1 large garlic clove (grated or finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is working, in a small saucepan, warm the cream and lemon peel over medium heat.
- Using a food processor, puree the parsley, cheese, nuts and garlic.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- With the machine on, blend in the olive oil until combined.
- Place the pesto in a large pasta bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the hot cream mixture, add the pasta and toss.