Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Pasta with lemon cream and pesto! Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Creamy Parsley and Pistachio Fettuccine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- lemon, grated peel
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup packed flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shelled natural pistachio nut, lightly toasted
- 1 large garlic clove (grated or finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is working, in a small saucepan, warm the cream and lemon peel over medium heat.
- Using a food processor, puree the parsley, cheese, nuts and garlic.
- Mix in the lemon juice.
- With the machine on, blend in the olive oil until combined.
- Place the pesto in a large pasta bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the hot cream mixture, add the pasta and toss.
I made this from Rachael Ray's "Big Orange Book" last night. This was so delicious! It resembled a creamy pesto alfredo sauce. The subtle hint of lemon was wonderful. After the "pesto" was made, I added it into the saucepan with the heavy cream mixture. (Next time, I made add another clove of garlic.) I also sprinkled the finished pasta with chopped pistachios. The one thing I noticed with this dish is that it needs a lot of salt to fully bring all the flavors out. I'm not sure whether the leftovers will hold well (like other "alfredo" sauces) because they dried up a little when I put the leftovers in the fridge. Despite that, this is a great recipe. I look forward to this making this recipe again and for others!!