Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the book "Pasta Presto." You can use spaghetti, linguni, penne, rotini...really any pasta you like. You can also use any veggies you like. I tend not to use mushrooms as one of my kids don't like them and I always like adding a leafy green like spinach, kale, swiss chard, arugula or escarole. Whatever is available in your garden or at the farmer's market will probably work great.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, cut into 1/4 inch thich slices
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 226.79 g shelled peas
- 170.09 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add remaining vegetables (you may want to wait until the end when you mix the veg with the sauce to add the peas if you are using frozen) and saute until crisp tender (don't over cook).
- Remove the veg from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the wine to the hot skillet and let boil until reduced by half.
- Add the cream and simmer until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in the reserved veg (and the peas if you use frozen ones) and simmer until heated through.
- Stir in the cheese, parsley a dash of nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour immediately over hot, cooked pasta.