Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for friends last evening and served it with an Italian Pot Roast and boy was it delicious! I did not have whipping cream on hand, and substituted 2% milk and it turned out great!
- 354.88 ml water
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 591.47 ml canned low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml butter (1/4 stick)
- Combine water and cornmeal in small bowl. Bring broth to boil in heavy large saucepan. Gradually add cornmeal mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until polenta is very thick, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cheese, cream and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer polenta to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over.