Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this for friends last evening and served it with an Italian Pot Roast and boy was it delicious! I did not have whipping cream on hand, and substituted 2% milk and it turned out great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter (1/4 stick)
- Combine water and cornmeal in small bowl. Bring broth to boil in heavy large saucepan. Gradually add cornmeal mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until polenta is very thick, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in 1/2 cup cheese, cream and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer polenta to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over.