Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Add diced ham or cooked chicken for a heartier dish!
Make and share this Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in strips
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream (regular or light)
- 1⁄2 cup French onion dip or 1⁄2 cup ranch dip
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- Saute vegetables in large frying pan for 5 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender- crisp.
- Combine sour cream, dip, parmesan cheese, parsley and tarragon.
- Add to vegetable mixtures.
- Heat through.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta.
My family ate this but no one cared for seconds. Maybe I made it wrong because the sauce was kind of grainy and just tasted like sour cream and you couldn't really taste the other flavors.
I don't know if this counts as a legal review. I left out the pasta completely, used 5 large zucchini cut into pasta-shaped strips, cut out the carrots, added another cup of mushrooms and used vegetable broth instead of chicken. I sauteed all the vegetables until tender, add the sauce ingredients and heated through. Amazing! A great adaption to Somersizing!